Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nursery

Yay! 7 weeks left until my due date and the nursery is just about ready for our little girl!  It feels so good to have everything in place.  Her room used to be the room we stored EVERYTHING in, and boy was it a chore to clean it out.  After many trips to DI, lots of time sorting, and several pinterest projects with my sister it is finally ready to be a little girl's room! 


Daddy putting together the crib

My sister Lauren and I spent several days painting, sewing, gluing ....
and ultimately making a HUGE mess in the living room!

Since the landlords won't let us paint the walls, I tried as hard as I could to bring in some bright cheery colors. 


I LOVE the green damask, ric-rac, and stripes. It's so fun, bright, and girly.

I repainted shelf  I already had,
and added a cute new knob 
I love how the bow holder turned out...
now it's time to make some bows!


Nightlight (Some of you may remember we used these chandeliers at our wedding)
It's official! Her name is Elise. (That was daddy's very favorite.)


This is the bassinet we are using. I can't believe that it is in such good shape! It is the one my grandmother used when my mom was born, my mom used it with me and both my sisters, and now we get to use it with our little angel.
I bought that stuffed sheep the day we found out our baby is a girl....
 it is so cute and soft! I picked it up and snuggled it and had to have it!

2 comments:

  1. just a suggestion...and you totally can ignore this...
    But if I were you, I would consider switching where the bow holder and the yellow shelf are. You are most likely going to be getting her dressed/bowing up her hairs, on the changing table, and you won't want to walk across the room to get the bow/put the bow away, with a squirmy baby left on the changing table.
    I had my bows further away from the changing table when she was first born, and I ended up moving them closer because it was just easier.

    Anyway, just at thought, but it's totally up to you how you want to do it!

    YOU'RE ALMOST DONE!!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, I would have never thought of that! Thanks! It's nice to have friends who are already mommys and can give me awesome advice!

    29 more days, eeek!

    ReplyDelete